When you buy a watch or watch accessory from WatchBuys, we want you to love your new purchase - if not we'll take it back with a 100% refund.
To learn more about our return policy please review the information below.
WatchBuys offers a comprehensive return policy with no restocking fees to US residents who pay by credit/debit cards and PayPal.
Unlike many retail and online stores which charge up to 15% when you make a return (commonly referred to as "restocking fees") or only issue store credit, WatchBuys offers a full refund on the purchase price of the watch or other items purchased from us (less any outbound shipping costs that you paid).
This way you can review your purchases at home with the comfort of knowing they may be returned without penalty.
Please note that we must thoroughly inspect all returns for damage to the watch, box or materials, and if your return meets the qualifications of this inspection process we will issue your credit the next business day.
Once we issue credit your credit card company has up to one billing cycle to post the credit, although we generally find that most credits post within 15 business days.
Our return policy is based upon these time periods:
- You have three (3) calendar days to inspect and examine the purchase and to notify us of a return. If we do not receive a return request within this three day inspection period, the order is no longer eligible for return.
- Once we approve your return, you have an additional five (5) calendar days for your return to arrive in our offices.
Your three days to notify us of a return begins on the date your package is signed for, provided that the items purchased have not been worn or used in any way, and the conditions below are met.
Please note that if your package is sent to someone else at your request, this three day period starts the moment they or any third party signs for receipt of the package.
If you have requested that we change the watch or accessory in any way from the way it was produced by the manufacturer (commonly referred to as customized) the sale is final and the purchase is ineligible for return.
Under the following situations purchases may not be returned or exchanged
- Shipments to Canada, Puerto Rico or any other location outside of the 50 United States
- Special order items
- Items marked as "Final Sale - No Return" or sold as close outs, LNIB sales or any other promotional pricing or sales.
- Purchases for which non-refundable deposits have been collected (neither the deposit nor the watch are eligible for return or exchange).
- Watch parts, strap pieces without buckles, bracelet links and other components
- Bracelets or straps which have been attached to a watch, or straps which have been bent, folded or fastened
- Sinn hats and clothing
Although shipments outside the 50 United States are final sales and may not be returned, if the item arrives damaged or defective it will be replaced if reported to us within 3 days of receipt (longer term issues will be addressed by the manufacturer's limited warranty).
To be credited for a return or exchange, the products purchased must be returned to us in an absolutely unworn and brand new condition. Please ensure that you follow the procedures below to receive credit on a return:
- Until you are certain that you will keep the watch (or other product), do not wear it, try it on or use it in any way. A new watch worn even one time can show signs of wear to both the strap and case, and cannot be accepted for return.
- Do not have the bracelet resized or links removed. If you have purchased a strap or bracelet as an accessory, do not attach the strap or bracelet to the watch, do not remove links, and do not wear the strap or bracelet.
Do not remove any plastic covering from the watch, bracelet, buckle or other items until you know you will keep the watch. These materials help to ensure that the watch is not scratched and also protect it in the event of a return.
If purchasing a strap, do not bend, fold, or fasten the strap but keep it in the exact condition it was sent to you.
- All watches and other items must be returned with their original packaging in a brand new, unused and undamaged condition. This policy applies to boxes, papers, warranty and owners manuals and any special tools.
If any of these items are missing, damaged or modified, the return cannot be accepted and the package will be returned to you.
- Before making a return, please contact us by phone to receive an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number. This number should be displayed on the outside of the shipping container to process your return.
- All returns received without an authorized RMA number will be returned to the sender and will no longer be eligible for return.
- Once an RMA number is issued, we must receive the package within five (5) calendar days from the date of the RMA. Items received after this five day period cannot be accepted for return. We therefore advise that you use an expedited shipping method to avoid delays (2nd or next day air).
- We recommend that returns be shipped by a traceable express courier with a tracking number and insured for their full value since any loss, theft or damage incurred on a return are your sole responsibility and damaged packages will be returned to you.
Please note that FedEx limits insurance on watches to $1,000, and UPS limits coverage on watches in precious metals. Please check with FedEx or UPS for specifics about their insurance coverage prior to shipping your return.
- The original outbound shipping, insurance and handling charges that you paid on the purchase are not refundable, and should you choose to make a return for any reason, all return shipping and insurance charges are paid by you.
If the package we ship to you is refused or returned to us for any reason (return to sender, refused delivery), we will credit your purchase less $90 to cover our shipping and handling fees for both the outbound and return FedEx shipping and insurance costs. This $90 fee also applies to purchases which offered free outbound shipping.
Multiple Watch Purchases in the Same Return Period
We are sometimes asked to ship multiple watches for evaluation where all but one watch will be returned, either in the same shipment or in the same return period.
Although we are happy to accommodate such requests, we must charge a return fee of $55 for each additional watch that is returned to cover our outbound shipping and insurance costs for those watches.
This $55 will be deducted from the amount credited for your return.