The Hanhart Primus Racer is now offered in a new blue dial, and we think the end result was worth the wait.
The Primus Racer Series offers a modern spin to Hanhart's classic bi-compax chronographs, and the new blue dial adds a contemporary design.
The Hanhart Primus Racer pays tribute to Hanhart's long history as the most important manufacturer of manual stopwatches.
In the past, Hanhart stopwatches have always played a key part in leading motor sports events. Timers held their leather clipboard in their left hand, and with their right hand they operated the three Hanhart stopwatches mounted on the brackets.
Classic rally drivers rely on Hanhart watches to this day.
To create this chronograph bi-compax movement, Hanhart has made a number of movement modifications to the traditional chronograph layout.
These modifications have been carried out under the direction of Manufacture La Joux-Perret, and include adjusting the registers to correctly and proportionally fit the size of the dial (rather than the "pinched look" seen in other chronograph watches of this size).
Important features of this watch include:
- Hanhart designed bicompax chronograph modifications from Manufacture La Joux-Perret
- Skeletonized Hanhart rotor
- Fluted bezel with inlaid red marking
- Convex sapphire crystal with interior AR coating
- Sapphire crystal display back
- Flexible lugs (a design unique to Hanhart)
- Deep blue dial
- Hanhart trademark red chronograph button
- Oversized screw down crown
This watch is water resistant to 100 meters and features a blue calfskin strap with folding clasp with inlaid red marking (anodized aluminum) made from stainless steel.