We love this watch from Hanhart which was created completely by accident!
The company was experimenting with new dial colors on a new Primus model but when working with their dial partner a mistake was made in the dial production process leaving out the vibrant colors which instead were replaced by a grey palette of monochromatic colors.
Once the Hanhart watchmakers saw the "mistake” they loved the look, and quickly realized that if they heavily bead blasted the case by hand to the color grey the dial and case would become one.
Introducing the Hanhart Primus Pilot Monochrome, now one of the hardest models to stock in the Hanhart Primus collection. This watch has an interesting lack of vibrant colors which on other watches might be boring but on this watch really works, especially in combination with the meticulously hand finished bead blasted case.
One of the advantages to reducing the color palette is that the traditional Hanhart use of red at the bezel 12 marker and the reset pusher both really stand out.
To create this chronograph bicompax movement, Hanhart has made a number of movement modifications to the traditional chronograph layout.
These modifications have been carried out under the direction of Manufacture La Joux-Perret, and include adjusting the registers to correctly and proportionally fit the size of the dial (rather than the "pinched look" seen in other chronograph watches of this size).
This new chronograph, like the entire collection, features Hanhart's distinctive trademarks, including the red push button developed as a warning to pilots for the reset function.
The Hanhart engraved clasp is one of the best made that we have seen on any watch brand, and is also bead blasted.
Additional features of this watch include:
- Hanhart designed bicompax chronograph modifications from Manufacture La Joux-Perret
- Skeletonized Hanhart rotor with engraved serial number
- Bead blasted case for superior scratch resistance
- Fluted bezel with inlaid red marking
- Convex sapphire crystal with interior AR coating
- Sapphire crystal display back
- Flexible lugs (a design unique to Hanhart)
- Monochrome dial with SuperLuminova on hands, numerals and indices
- Hanhart trademark red chronograph button
- Oversized screw down crown
This watch is water resistant to 100 meters.