This is an amazing watch whose technology requires a bit of explanation.
These watches are the first to feature cases made from HDSPro® stainless steel, which is 100 more times more scratch resistant than standard stainless steel.
While visiting Hanhart in Germany, we were invited to take a sharp object and try to scratch the case - we tried and failed to leave a mark.
Hanhart was closely associated with motor racing in the 1960's and 1970's and the Hanhart Racemaster Series pays tribute to this heritage.
The Hanhart Racemaster GTM features a striking dial with high legibility.
This watch incorporates a number of unusual movement and design modifications.
With a case size of 45 mm, Hanhart has made the following modifications:
- The registers have been relocated to the edge of the dial for correct spacing using modifications from La Joux-Perret
- The register at 9 displays continuous sweep seconds
- Asymmetrical chronograph pushers for ease of use
- Single button chronograph modification made by Hanhart
Other features include:
- Convex sapphire crystal with AR coating on both sides
- Screw down case back
- Black/blue dial with SuperLuminova on numerals and hands
- Power reserve of 42 hours
- Skeletonized Hanhart rotor
- Tachymeter scale
This watch is water resistant to 100 meters and is fitted with a calfskin strap in racing colors and design.
The single button chronograph modifications are produced in-house by Hanhart using an erosion machine to modify the contour of the cam.