The Black Ops Project
Visitors to our Road Shows provided much of the inspiration and ideas for Hanhart and we to design Hanhart Primus Pilot Black Ops Limited Edition.
The black DLC case and the bronze green dial define the character of this watch and go together in a way to distinguish this Hanhart watch design from all others they have made.
The Hanhart Primus Black Ops Pilot is a limited edition of 82 pieces to celebrate Hanhart's founding in 1882. This watch features a new black DLC (diamond like carbon coating) case with adjustable lugs to to automatically conform to almost any wrist size.
Hanhart chose the more expensive DLC case process due to its superior resistance to scratches and other abrasions. A DLC finished black case is considered both the highest quality and hardest finish of PVD watch cases.
The design of the Hanhart Primus Black Ops Pilot combines Hanhart's 130 year watchmaking tradition with modern elements.
To build this chronograph bicompax movement, Hanhart started with the Valjoux 7750 calibre and then designed movement modifications to create the bicompax display.
These modifications were carried out under the direction of Manufacture La Joux-Perret, and include adjusting the registers to correctly and proportionally fit the size of the dial (rather than the "pinched look" seen in other chronograph watches of this size).
This Hanhart chronograph features the brand’s distinctive trademarks, including the red chronograph reset button developed as a warning to pilots.
We think the dial on this watch is among the most striking that we've seen. Hanhart developed an interesting bronze green dial and used a convex sapphire crystal to complete the design.
The Arabic twelve and the luminous indexes are in Hanhart's traditional clean and legible design.
The Hanhart engraved clasp is one of the best made that we have seen on any watch brand, and is also finished with a black DLC finish.
Additional features of this watch include:
- Hanhart designed bicompax chronograph modifications from Manufacture La Joux-Perret
- Skeletonized Hanhart rotor with engraved serial number
- Black DLC case for superior scratch resistance
- Fluted bezel with inlaid red marking
- Convex sapphire crystal with interior AR coating
- Sapphire crystal display back
- Flexible case lugs (a design unique to Hanhart)
- Bronze green dial with SuperLuminova on hands, numerals and indices
- Hanhart trademark red chronograph reset button
- Oversized pilot’s screw down crown
- Green textile strap with black DLC steel folding clasp
- Limited to 82 pieces
This watch is water resistant to 100 meters.